The Harvard Law School Office of Clinical and Pro Bono Programs seeks up to two undergraduate student interns for summer 2020. Through work on various administrative projects, summer interns learn about diverse opportunities in public interest law and gain insight into the law school experience.
Work on projects that vary by year and experience, but which may include:
· Reports of student participation in our programs: compiling statistics, creating graphs, charts, PowerPoint presentations.
· Database management of student activity, including data entry and scanning documents.
· Potential research assistance for clinical lecturers.
· Event coordination: designing posters, tracking RSVPs, communicating with outside individuals and organizations.
· Performing general office duties such as answering phones and responding to correspondence.
Please note: We do not provide direct legal services to clients and interns do not observe or support legal work.
There is flexibility with start and end dates between May and August but interns should ideally be able to work 14-35 hours per week for at least 10 weeks. Our office hours, Monday-Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM. Work cannot be done remotely or scheduled outside of 9 AM to 5 PM.
The internship is open to undergraduate students only. Applicants in their freshman, sophomore or junior year and interested in continuing to work during the fall are strongly encouraged to apply. The position is paid.
Excellent organizational skills and a sharp attention to detail are required, along with the ability to self-start on projects. Candidates should be comfortable working independently within a collaborative office and able to manage simultaneous projects. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word are strongly preferred, as is a demonstrated ability to work with databases. Experience with event planning and customer service desired. Enthusiasm, a sense of humor and a demonstrated interest in the law and/or public service work are helpful.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter as a combined PDf to email@example.com.