The Langdell Society Reception
We are looking forward to seeing you this Thursday, December 1, 6:00 p.m., at the Harvard Club of New York City. Please find details about the event below.
If you are no longer able to join us, please let us know so that we may plan accordingly.
- 6:00 pm: Reception begins
- Cocktails, small plates, and dessert will be served
- 7:15 pm: Remarks by Dean John F. Manning ’85
- Morgan and Helen Chu Dean and Professor of Law, Harvard Law School
- 9:00 pm: Reception concludes
Harvard Club of New York City, 35 West 44th Street, New York, NY 10036
If you or your guest should require special assistance or accessibility in any way, please email email@example.com and we will happily accommodate your request.
The recommended attire for this event is business professional.
We will continue to monitor the public health situation and reevaluate our in-person plans should circumstances change. We require all guests to adhere to federal, state, local, and University-mandated COVID guidelines for any in-person events.
- We encourage you to test before attending the event even if you are not experiencing symptoms. Rapid antigen tests are widely available at area pharmacies.
- If you have symptoms, no matter how mild, we ask that you do not attend the event—even if you test negative.
- For indoor events, we encourage wearing a high-quality mask that fits securely without air gaps around your nose and mouth. We recommend you continue consulting the CDC’s COVID-19 community levels to help make a personal choice on mask usage.
We will adapt these policies as needed based on public health guidance. Please check this page as the event date approaches to ensure you are aware of the current guidance. HLS Alumni Events will also provide email updates as needed.
We are delighted you are joining us. Thank you for adhering to Harvard University COVID-19 safety protocols. We can all play a role in preventing the spread of infection. We’re healthier together.
About the Langdell Society
Named after Christopher Columbus Langdell, the dean of Harvard Law School from 1870 to 1895 who transformed American legal education by introducing the standard first-year curriculum and developing the case method, the Langdell Society recognizes generous alumni and friends whose contributions support the continued excellence of Harvard Law School. Langdell Society members made gifts of $10,000 or more a fiscal year. Langdell GOLD (graduates of the last decade) Society members made gifts of $5,000 or more in a fiscal year.