Before you come to campus for work, there are a few important steps to take to prepare. You will receive an email from HLSHR one week prior to your return to campus date with detailed instructions on how to prepare for your arrival on campus.
Be sure that you have your Harvard University ID (HUID) on hand before returning to work. You will need it to access all HLS buildings.
Steps to take prior to returning to campus
Below we have outlined some key items you can now do prior to your first day back on campus.
How to get your Harvard University ID (HUID)
- The Campus Service Center provides in-person services from 9:00am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday, excluding University Holidays. Please note, ID. Cards are issued on the 1st floor of the Smith Campus Center and not inside the Campus Service Center on the 8th floor. Parking services are provided inside the Campus Service Center on the 8th floor.
- You must bring a government-issued photo ID, in order to receive your Harvard ID card. Examples of government issued ID cards are:
- Driver’s license.
- State issued ID card.
- US Military ID card.
- Green card.
- Naturalization certificate.
- All identifications need to include full name, date of birth, a photo, and an expiration date in the future. This validation is a Harvard University security requirement. You will not be able to pick up your ID card without this documentation.
- It takes approximately 1 hour after obtaining your card for your badge access to be activated. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know you’ve received your HUID so they can align access.