Research Assistant with Berkman Klein Fellow Marta Basystiuk
February 23, 2023
RA Job Description – Marta Basystiuk
The Berkman Klein Center is hiring one research assistant (RA) for the current spring semester to work directly with BKC Fellow, Marta Basystiuk, on a policy report examining digital transformation as a catalyst to accelerate equitable learning and ensure human capital growth. The RA would work with Marta Basystiuk to help with the preparation of a policy report in the following ways:
- Reviewing strategies/policies adopted by countries to address the lack of digital competence and exploring how they have transformed their education and training systems accordingly.
- Preparing a brief summary of research findings and/or developing visual aids to support the report’s content.
- Assisting with the referencing of a policy report in accordance with the Bluebook and/or similar Harvard referencing guides, and the editorial review and formatting of research papers.
- This position is a mixture of in-office and remote work.
- To be eligible for this position, you must be a currently enrolled student at Harvard Law School or Harvard Kennedy School and be familiar with the Bluebook Citation or other Harvard referencing styles. A student with prior research assistance, policy review, or other similar experience is preferred, but applications are welcome from all interested students
- The time commitment would range between 10-15 hours per week.
- The ideal start date for this position is as soon as possible.
- Unless otherwise noted, the hourly wage for the above positions is $20.50 per hour.
- No other benefits are provided.
- We do not have the ability to provide authorization to work in the U.S.
To Apply: Please send your current CV or resume and a cover letter summarizing your interest and experience to Marta Basystiuk at email@example.com with the subject line “RA Position – (First name Last name)”. This position will remain open until filled.
Harvard University’s Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society is a University-wide research center and one of the largest and most influential conveners and accelerators of scholars, technologists, activists, and makers working on cyberspace and related law and public policy matters in the public interest.
About Marta Basystiuk
Marta Basystiuk is a legal expert, who worked extensively to support justice and public reforms in Ukraine, including in the areas of rule of law, democracy, human rights, and anti-corruption. Her research interest is in the areas of technology, governance, and law. As a Fellow at Harvard University’s Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society, Marta is focusing on the potential benefits of digital transformation and exploring innovative ways to improve equitable learning and human capital development that are essential for Ukraine’s long-term success.