February 7, 2022
SHARIAsource is a portal for Islamic law and data science tools that offers a window into the digital world of Islamic legal studies. Its growing set of data and digital tools enable researchers to better explore and access a growing set of sources in this area, in ways meaningful to particular research inquiries and to the general landscape of Islamic and comparative law at Harvard and around the globe.
For our research activities and projects within Harvard’s SHARIAsource, we are looking for a (freelance) Ruby on Rails developer with React experience. As part of the SHARIAsource team led by Professor Intisar Rabb, you will be working on the further development of SEARCHStrata, our in-house catalogue and virtual library tool.
The initial project duration will be three months for 20 hours per week. Payment will be commensurate with experience.
Each two weeks will commence with a sprint planning and conclude with a demo. Furthermore, you will directly collaborate with and report to Dr. Yusuf Celik, the lead data scientist.
• 3+ years’ experience in Ruby on Rails (required)
• 3+ years’ experience in React (required)
• 3+ years’ experience in CSS/HTML (required)
• Project experience in SOLR (preferred)
• Project experience in Git (required)
• Experience in visualization frameworks such as D3 (preferred)
• Design and UX skills (preferred)
• Experience in Sidekiq (preferred)
• DevOps experience (preferred)
• Command of Arabic, Turkish, and/or Persian (preferred)
• Experience in Digital Humanities projects (preferred)
Applicants must provide a CV, brief statement of interest, and two references with their contact information. Candidates who have no prior knowledge of either Ruby on Rails or React will not be considered for this project. Please submit your materials through the online application at https://harvardlaw.formstack.com/forms/shariasource_ruby_on_rails_developer_application_two
DEADLINE: February 13th, by midnight (EST).