- Diversity in Law Firms and DEI Policies and Programs
- Researching Law Firm Benefits
- Pro Bono Work in Law Firms
- Salary Information in the Private Sector
- Using Firm Websites to Supplement your Research
- Work Assignment Systems
- Researching Exit Options
- How to Search for Small and Midsized Firms
Featured Research Tools
- How to Use Firm Prospects
- Self-Directed Learning with Hotshot
- Student Summer Employer Evaluations
- Law Firm Pronunciation Guide
- Who Worked Where Lists
All Research Tools
ALM / American Lawyer (Legal Compass)
Highly detailed reporting tool on attorneys and large law firms, with a special focus on financial information, lateral moves, practice areas and industries served.
Sections of interest include:
- Law Firm Search
- Lawyer Search
- Surveys, Rankings and Reports (from the American Lawyer)
- Office Trends
- Comparison Tool
Chambers & Partners
Ranking of international firms by strength of practice areas, ordered by different “band” levels (Band 1, Band 2, Band 3, etc.)
Reports, rankings and guides on large international law firms, from the perspective of the student candidate.
EIP Employer Registration and Contact Info
EIP Recruiter Contact Information is list of recruiting contacts for the firms that interviewed at EIP this year.
EIP Employer Registration Information is a spreadsheet compiled by OCS. This spreadsheet contains the the current registered employers for EIP, Preview, and EIP Resume collections.
- EIP Week Employer registrations by office.
- Schedule Notes (i.e. IP, Litigation only, Transactional only, etc.)
- If the employer/office is participating in Preview
- If the employer allows multiple interviews
- If the employer is recruiting 2Ls, 3Ls, Joint Degree students, or SJD students
- Number of 2023 and 2022 summer associates
- Prior Year Bid Success
- EIP Resume Collection Registrations
- Arbitration Agreement Information
- Visa Information
- Work Assignment System Information
Employers that participate annually in the Early Interview Program (EIP) create a “track record” of the number of on-campus interviews conducted, the number of callback invitations extended, the number of callback invitations accepted, the number of offers made, and the number of offers accepted.
- We compile the data based on information we receive from employer feedback reports and EIP schedule data in CSM.
- Please note that past performance does not necessarily indicate future performance. Hiring patterns can and do vary from year to year.
Rankings and profiles of large law firms, using edited survey information.
NOTE ABOUT FIRSTHAND/VAULT
We do not recommend signing up for a Firsthand/Vault account at this time. Nearly all of Vault’s resources are open and available without an account. Contact OCS if you have any questions or cannot find a resource you need.
POPULAR SECTIONS OF VAULT
Profiles and comparative data on individual law firm offices, as submitted unedited by firms’ own recruiting departments.
Who Worked Where
Each spring, OCS and OPIA publish a “Who Worked Where” list detailing where rising 2L and 3L students will be employed for the upcoming summer. These lists can be used to learn from your peers about their experiences at various organizations in advance of the Early Interview Program (EIP) and as part of the 1L job search.
Bloomberg Law/BNADatabase for legal research, including news and practice trends.
Directory of international lawyers (primarily from smaller law firms), searchable by location and specific practice area.