Current Awareness & Alert Services
Staying current is a big part of faculty scholarship and teaching, and the library is here to help!
Staying current can mean different things at different times:
- I am a visiting faculty member and would like help getting current information using Harvard resources
- I need to efficiently survey resources on healthcare, including tracking regulations, government reports and trade journals
- I want to get daily updates on tax law changes in the US, China and France
- I will be teaching a new class this term, and would like to get up to speed in an unfamiliar discipline
- I want to get an electronic table of contents for new issues of financial journals and new working papers on SSRN
FRIDA, the Library’s Faculty Services team, can help you develop a customized current awareness strategy based on your interests, needs and preferences.
Other current awareness resources:
SmartCILP provides a weekly email listing new citations from journals and on topics of interest to you. The citations are drawn from the Current Index to Legal Periodicals (CILP). Please contact your liaison for information on subscribing to SmartCILP.
Print Journal Routing
The Library can route currently received print journal issues to faculty members as soon as the Library has processed them. Please contact FRIDA, to be added to a journal’s routing list.