Workshop with Paula Davis-Laack, JD, MAPP
Wednesday, November 15th @ 5:15pm, WCC 1010-Dinner provided
Challenge, change and uncertainty are the new norm in today’s legal profession. Busy lawyers are maxed out as they deal with the stress and pressure of a demanding profession, and those entering the profession are expected to be “practice ready” on day one.
Luckily, there are specific research-based strategies that have been shown to ease the stress, prevent burnout and build your resilience to the pressure.
During these workshops, you’ll learn about and practice some of following:
- Simple strategies for managing stress during exams
- How to cross-examine counterproductive thinking
- A five-step process to reframe rejection and failure
- Perfectionism – does it help or harm?
- What causes burnout and the key warning signs
- A fun skill to increase connection and build high-quality relationships
Paula Davis-Laack, JD, MAPP, is a former practicing lawyer turned stress and resilience expert who started her own company teaching busy lawyers, law students and organizations how to build their resilience to stress.