The Irish International Immigrant Center, located in downtown Boston, Massachusetts, is seeking volunteer law interns to assist IIIC’s Immigration Legal Services Department with our case work.
This position offers a wonderful opportunity for someone interested in immigration or social justice to become part of a team of people dedicated to helping newcomers to this country. This is a chance to make a difference in the lives of immigrants, learn about the practice of immigration law, and gain an appreciation for diverse cultures while being part of an organization strongly rooted in its Irish culture.
This is an unpaid internship, but we are happy to assist in any requirements that would qualify an eligible intern for course credit.
- Flexible, but preference given to those able to commit to 20+ hours a week.
- Assist attorneys in filling out immigration forms for clients
- Prepare cover letters and affidavits for clients
- Conduct legal research on immigration law matters
- Assist with our weekly walk-in legal clinics
- Other duties as necessary
- Pursuing a U.S. law degree;
- An interest in immigration law (prior experience or classes in immigration law is a plus)
- A commitment to the overall mission and values of IIIC
- Great organizational and interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Articulate and clear communicator
- Highly motivated, an ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole or French language skills a plus
ABOUT THE IRISH INTERNATIONAL IMMIGRANT CENTER
We empower over 3,500 immigrants and refugees annually from more than 120 countries by providing the legal, wellness and educational support they need to build successful lives. Building on our Irish roots of welcoming others and social justice, we help newcomers find community, and we stand up for immigration policies that are humane and just. America is a nation of immigrants, and despite the current political climate, we are proud to continue the tradition of welcoming immigrants to this country and working together to create a better future for all.
Our vision is of a society where all people are welcomed and valued and enjoy equal opportunities and protections. Rooted in the Irish tradition of hospitality, we work to create a safe and welcoming place for people from around the world who come to our Center.
For more information on the Irish International Immigrant Center, please visit www.iiicenter.org
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You also need to complete our online application form, which can be found at: https://fs24.formsite.com/koboyleiicenterorg/form1/index.html.
The Irish International Immigrant Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds and languages to apply.