On Saturday, October 10, 2020, HLS ITS is moving to a new Identity Management System that will synchronize with HarvardKey.
What does this mean for you?
- From Friday, October 9th at 9am until Saturday, October 10th at 1pm, you will be unable to change your HLS ME (LDAP) password. This is the password that you use for Gmail, eResources, and secure file transfer.
- Starting at 1pm on October 10th, your HLS ME (LDAP) account will be automatically synchronized with your HarvardKey password so that they are the same for everything except for Gmail. See instructions below for synchronizing your Gmail password. Your username will remain the same.
- E.g. If you previously used jharvard.jd20 as your username, this will remain the same, but now you will use your HKEY password
- On or after October 11, 2020, ITS HIGHLY recommends that you synchronize your HarvardKey password (Instructions Below) in order to synch your student Gmail password. Until you do this, your student Gmail password will not change.
Steps to Synchronize your Gmail password with HarvardKey:
- Go to Manage Your Account and Services and sign into HarvardKey
- Once logged in, click Synchronize Password
- Enter your new password and click Submit
Faculty and Staff:
- From Friday, October 9th until Saturday, October 10th, you will be unable to change your HLS ME (LDAP) password. This is the password that you use for secure file transfer and eResources.
- Starting at 1pm on October 10th, your HLS ME (LDAP) password will be automatically synchronized with your HarvardKey password so that they are the same.
If you have any questions or issues after this change, please contact the HLS ITS Service Desk at 617-495-0722 or via the Administrative Services Hub.