David Herwitz is the Royall Professor of Law (emeritus) at Harvard Law School. He received a S.B. in 1946 from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a LL.B. from Harvard Law School in 1949. He joined the Law School faculty in 1954.
- Matthew J. Barrett & David R. Herwitz, Accounting for Lawyers (5th ed., Found. Press 2015).
- David R. Herwitz, Caveat Auditor: Back to First Principles, 65 Bus. Law. 95 (2009).
- David R. Herwitz & Matthew J. Barrett, Materials on Accounting for Lawyers (Found. Press 4th ed. 2006).
- David R. Herwitz, Teaching Skills in a Business Law Setting: A Course in Business Lawyering, 37 J. Legal Educ. 261 (1987).
- David R. Herwitz, Business Planning: Materials on the Planning of Corporate Transactions (Found. Press 2d ed. 1984).