The IRS’s recent expansion of its mediation program means that these tools are now available for new and different types of cases. Ms. Aaronson will share her real world experience in the trenches to help you think strategically about the use (or non-use) of Mediation and Fast Track Settlement in tax cases.
Key topics include:
• which cases are best suited for mediation or Fast Track Settlement?
• what are the factors to consider before making a recommendation to your client?
• what is the optimal point in the process – exam, appeals, or docketed case – to use these techniques for maximum cost effectiveness?
• is the analysis different if the case originates from an exam or from a collection contact?
• how do the available options differ and what does that mean for your case?