During the 2017-2018 NFL season, athlete activists made the daily news as they engaged with their local justice systems and demanded meaningful change. The season is over, but their activism continues. In this full-day event, we will explore the ways that the athlete activists can join forces with lawyers, experts, and grassroots organizers to highlight the nation’s deepest injustices in the criminal justice system, and promote and push forward meaningful solutions. Topics will include the school-to-prison pipeline, drug reform, the bail system, reentry, policing, and what it means to be a progressive prosecutor.
View the program to learn more about the sessions. Seating is limited and on a first come, first served basis.
Volunteers needed to staff the event throughout the day. Minimum 2 hour commitment required. Get reserved seats for volunteering! Please email Linda Braden with your availability to volunteer!
- Malcolm Jenkins, Philadelphia Eagles
- Devin McCourty, New England Patriots
- Anquan Boldin, former NFL player
- Demario Davis, New York Jets
- Carl Davis, Baltimore Ravens
- Jeff Adachi, San Francisco Public Defender
- Larry Krasner, Philadelphia DA
- Clint Smith, Writer and Ph.D. Candidate, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Rahsaan Hall, MA ACLU
- Matt Cregor, Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights, Boston
- Premal Dharia, Civil Rights Corps
- Scott Levy, The Bronx Defenders
- Emily Bazelon, New York Times Magazine and Slate’s Political Gabfest