Many participants ask how long it will take to receive their funding once they have submitted their application. Generally we suggest participants anticipate receiving their funding 4 weeks after their application is complete. We make every effort to process and create awards as quickly as possible, however, some aspects of the check disbursement process are handled outside of our office. This Processing Timeline is intended to give you a general idea of the steps involved in creating your award from the point you submit your online application through the receipt of your funding. We include guidelines for each section of the process including when you should contact us with concerns if you have yet to hear from us or receive your funds.
The LIPP process is broken into four sections:
- Awarding and Award Notification
- Disbursement of Funding
- Submit the Online Application via the SFS Self-Service Portal; you will be able to review a copy of your application before confirming submission, and then after you have submitted it you should see confirmation that it has been received. You will not receive an email confirmation from our office when the form is submitted. Based on the content of your Application form, a list of required documents will be automatically generated in the Self-Service Portal as well.
- Submit all supporting documents (refer to the Application Instructions for a complete checklist).
- Your documents will not be reviewed for accuracy until they are all received
- We send weekly emails, generally on Mondays, notifying applicants of any missing forms or information however you may login to the SFS Self-Service Portal at any time to review your required documents and their status
- When an application is considered complete we send an email confirmation to the applicant
- It can take 1-2 weeks to track documents, however, if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of submitting all of your materials please contact us
Awarding and Award Notification
- New applicants should receive an award notification email 1-2 weeks after being notified their application is complete, returning applicants will receive notification closer to 2-3 weeks after being notified their application is complete.
- Generally, award notices are sent on Tuesdays
- If you have not received an award notification email within 2 weeks of the email notifying you your file was complete please contact us.
Disbursement of Funding
- Checks are requested the same day the award email is sent unless specifically noted otherwise in the email
- Participants living within North America will receive a check at the mailing address listed in their application
- Participants living outside of North America will receive a wire transfer of funds to the bank account provided in their application
- If the funds are not received within 3 weeks of the day they were requested (date of the award email) please contact us.
- If there are any changes to a participant’s situation they should submit an Adjustment Application via the SFS Self-Service Portal as soon as possible so a recalculation of eligibility can be done.
- Participants eligible for additional funding will receive an email notification of their award adjustment and the supplemental funds will be requested the same day. (Smaller adjustments may be added to the next award especially close to the opening of the next award cycle.)
- Participants whose changes result in a reduction of eligibility will receive an email notification of the change in the award and options for repayment of the funds.
- Examples of changes for which the LIPP office must be notified include:
- Change in marital status
- Change in employment (for participant and/or spouse)
- Change in income (for participant and/or spouse)
- Birth of a child
- Change in child care expenses
- Change in assets (purchase of a home, inheritance, etc.)