HLS is committed to the inclusion of people with disabilities in all aspects of campus life, including co-curricular events and activities. The following are guidelines on how to make an event accessible.
Reserving Space On or Off Campus
Ensure that the physical space is accessible to people with mobility impairments. For example, consider the following:
- Book spaces that have elevators and/or ramps (if the event is off-campus, check with the venue about their accessibility).
- Consider the height of tables for working groups, meals, and receptions. If ordering tables, consider a combination of high top and low top to accommodate participants who use mobility devices.
- The placement of chairs and aisles should accommodate participants who use mobility devices. Aisles should be unobstructed and wide enough to accommodate participants who use mobility devices.
- Ensure that transportation to the site is wheelchair accessible.
*Please contact HLS Student Support Services for questions about the accessibility of campus venues.
Using Video or Media (movies, film clips, etc.)
- If possible, obtain a captioned version of the media from the source.
- If a captioned version is not available, please contact HLS Student Support Services at least seven business days prior to the event to allow sufficient time to caption the material.
Handouts or Other Documents for Participants who are Blind or Visually Impaired
- Accessible, electronic versions of handouts such as Microsoft Word documents and/or searchable PDFs should be provided to participants upon request.
- Images included on handouts should include image descriptions for participants.
Interpreter/CART/Amplification Technology Requests for Participants Who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
A Communication Request Form should be submitted to HLS Student Support Services at least two weeks in advance to ensure there is enough time to secure a provider for participants who will need a service provider or access to amplification technology.
Food Allergies and Restrictions
Please consider ordering food that will meet students’ dietary needs including:
*Please note that while Restaurant Associates (RA) is able to provide several meal options, RA prepares food with common allergens in the kitchen and cannot guarantee there is no cross contamination. However, they are available to discuss options and alternatives. Please contact HLS Student Support Services with any questions.
Publicizing an Event (flyer, website, etc.)
Pre-event publicity should always include the following statement:
“If you or an event participant requires disability-related accommodations, please contact HLS Accessibility Services in the Dean of Students Office, WCC 3039, at at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-495-1880 in advance of the event”.