1L students can begin representing clients through a Student Practice Organization (SPO), where students’ volunteer hours count towards the pro bono requirement. 2L, 3L, and LLM students are also welcome to participate in SPO practice and serve in leadership roles.
The following organizations are student-run with professional administrative and/or supervising attorneys on HLS staff to assist and guide students
- Harvard Defenders
- Harvard Law School Immigration Project (HIP)
- Harvard Law Entrepreneurship Project (HLEP)
- Harvard Mediation Program (HMP)
- HLS Mississippi Delta Project
- HLS Negotiators
- HLS Advocates for Human Rights
- Prison Legal Assistance Project (PLAP)
- Project No One Leaves
- Recording Artists Project (RAP)
- Tenant Advocacy Project (TAP)
Find contact information for each SPO on the Student Practice Organization leadership list.
SPOs are overseen by The Office of Clinical and Pro Bono Programs.
Please contact Lee Mestre in the OCP office about legal practice in student organizations at email@example.com, 495-5202 or WCC 3085.