Catering from Restaurant Associates
All events held in Harkness Commons, The Pub, Milstein Function Space, Caspersen Patio, Kumble Plaza, or on Jarvis Field must use Restaurant Associates (RA) for catering.
- View the RA catering menu and order here.
- Contact RA’s office at 617-495-5538 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your event needs.
- Purchases made from RA can be paid with your organization’s HUECU debit card or check.
Catering from Outside Vendors
Student organizations may use an outside vendor as long as the event complies with the following conditions:
- The space is one other than those noted above, reserved through the Events Office and the reservation indicates the use of an outside caterer.
- The food is take-out, dropped off by a delivery person, or purchased from a grocery store. No outside catering staff may be present to serve the food.
- The group ordering the food is responsible for cleaning up the area including disposing of any leftovers at the end of the event.
- The group is not serving alcohol.
- The Restaurant Associates kitchens, food preparation areas, and utensils are not to be used by outside vendors.
If you are ordering outside catering for an event, be sure to order enough food to cover the size of your venue (i.e. 90 people for WCC 1010). Use your judgment, but know that it is better to have extra food than to run out.
- Remember to keep dietary needs in mind – many students require Kosher, Vegetarian, Vegan, Nut-free, Gluten-free, and Halal meals.
- If you plan to serve alcohol at your event, you must follow the HLS Alcohol Policy. For on-campus events, you will need to work with RA. For off-campus events, work with a licensed restaurant or bar and use drink tickets.
Use your organization’s HUECU debit card to order outside catering and submit the receipt via your organization’s Receipt Submission Google Form immediately after the event.
Make sure food is delivered at least 20 minutes before the event.
- Order extra plates, napkins, and utensils.
- Make sure someone is available to set-up the room 20-30 minutes before the event so everything goes smoothly (set-up food, arrange the room, check A/V, etc.).
Extra food can go to the Student Org Room, WCC 2063. Email the free food listserv at email@example.com to let people know!
- IMPORTANT: Food leftover from events is not permitted in the Lounge or in the Pub.
- Leave the room better than how you found it. Make sure all trash is thrown away and wipe down tables if needed.