Your browser does not support JavaScript

Catering from Restaurant Associates

All events held in Harkness Commons, The Pub, Milstein Function Space, Caspersen Patio, Kumble Plaza, or on Jarvis Field must use Restaurant Associates (RA) for catering.

  • View the RA catering menu and order here.
  • Contact RA’s office at 617-495-5538 or to discuss your event needs.
  • Purchases made from RA can be paid using your org’s 33-digit billing code.

Catering from Outside Vendors

Student orgs may use an outside vendor as long as the event complies with the following conditions:

  • The space is one other than those noted above, reserved through the Events Office and the reservation indicates the use of an outside caterer.
  • The food is take-out, dropped off by a delivery person, or purchased from a grocery store. No outside catering staff may be present to serve the food.
  • The group ordering the food is responsible for cleaning up the area including disposing of any leftovers at the end of the event.
  • The group is not serving alcohol.
  • The Restaurant Associates kitchens, food preparation areas, and utensils are not to be used by outside vendors.


If you are ordering outside catering for an event, be sure to order enough food to cover the size of your venue (i.e. 90 people for WCC 1010). Use your judgment, but know that it is better to have some extra food than to run out.

  • Remember to keep dietary needs in mind – many students require Kosher, Vegetarian, Vegan, Nut-free, Gluten-free, and Halal meals.
  • If you plan to serve alcohol at your event, you must follow the HLS Alcohol Policy. For on-campus events, you will need to work with RA. For off-campus events, work with a licensed restaurant or bar and use drink tickets.

To order outside catering, please stop by the Dean of Students Office in WCC 3039 to use a purchasing card. Purchases must be made in person. Fill out a purchasing card form and submit it to the front desk before you leave. We recommend that you also take a picture of the completed form and send it to your treasurer. The following are guidelines for use of the p-cards:

  • The p-card cannot leave the office or be saved on your computer.
  • When ordering food, inform the vendor of HLS’s tax exempt status (number is on the p-card) and include a tip for delivery (10-15% of order total).
  • An itemized receipt must be submitted to DOS in person or via email within one week of your event or your organization will lose p-card privileges.
  • If you prefer, you may pay with your personal credit/debit card and fill out a reimbursement form in the Dean of Students Office. Please note that this process can take up to 6 weeks.
  • Petty cash is available in DOS for reimbursements under $50.


Make sure food is delivered at least 20 minutes before the event.

  • Order extra plates, napkins, and utensils.
  • Make sure someone is available to set-up the room 20-30 minutes before the event so everything goes smoothly (set-up food, arrange the room, check A/V, etc.).


Extra food can go to the Student Org Room, WCC 2063. Email the free food listserv at to let people know!

  • IMPORTANT: Outside catering is not permitted in Haas Lounge or in the Pub.
  • Leave the room better than how you found it. Make sure all trash is thrown away and wipe down tables if needed.