Submit this request in EMS when you reserve space.
- Submit a brief blurb on your event. Include any speaker(s) names and titles and what food, if any, will be available.
- It is important to get on the public calendar ASAP so other groups are aware of your event.
Print 11” x 17” posters and hang them up on the approved bulletin boards. Please review the Bulletin and Chalkboard Policy for more information.
- Only thumbtacks are permitted – do not staple, tape, or otherwise adhere/affix notices.
- Only official HLS organizations may post on the bulletin boards.
- Posters are removed the 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month.
- Canva is a free graphic design platform you can use to make posters.
- DOS will print up to 20 posters for free. Email an 11” x 17” PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The HLS Copy Center can print professional posters for important events. Email email@example.com for pricing and submit your project needs here.
Classrooms in Austin, Hauser, Pound, and WCC (first two floors) can be chalked with a short blurb on your event that includes: the speaker(s), their titles, the time and location of the event, and the food that will be served. Please see the Bulletin and Chalkboard Policy for more information.
- Chalkboards are exclusively reserved for use by official HLS student organizations and journals.
- All classrooms and chalkboards are cleaned following each class, with one exception – if the classroom is equipped with a side chalkboard, student messages on those side chalkboards are left up until the following Sunday.
- Student organizations should not chalk or mark sidewalks, walls, or any other surface.
Create a Facebook event and invite your friends at HLS.
Campus Video Screens
To advertise your event on the HLS video screens, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a high resolution JPG. The dimensions must be 860 pixels (width) by 564 pixels (height).
Send personal invitations to people you think would be interested.
*IMPORTANT: In accordance with the Bulletin and Chalkboard Policy and MA state law, student organizations cannot advertise an “open bar,” “happy hour,” or pictures/drawings of alcoholic beverages on advertisements.