Whether you are brand new to the United States or new to the Boston area, HLS strives to make the transition to Harvard one that will be enjoyable and smooth. The Harvard International Office offers the HLS community several pointers about adjusting to a new environment.
- Register with the Harvard International Office (HIO).
Information about registering can be found by clicking here.
- Upon entering the United States, make sure to:
- Check your passport to make sure that the CBP officer has put an entry stamp indicating that you entered on a certain date, in a certain visa status, e.g. F-1, and can stay until a certain date or D/S (duration of status) in the case of F and J visa holders.
- Print out your I-94 via www.cbp.gov/i94 as you will need it for other purposes.
- Attend an HIO Orientation.
HIO’s orientation schedule can be found here. Between September and December you can schedule an appointment for 10:00am or 11:15am on Tuesdays through Fridays for either a Getting Started or a Spouse/Partner Orientation session by contacting staff member Zarrin Foster. Each orientation is for one hour.