In concert with the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA), Harvard Law School offers students a 25% discount on MBTA passes through the MBTA Semester Pass Program. If you take the train or bus at least six times a week, this program is for you!
- The Fall Semester program runs from October 1 – January 31.
- The Spring Semester program runs from February 1 – May 31.
This program is only available to HLS students.
How to Purchase a Discounted MBTA Pass
- Select your pass preference by completing a short MBTA Survey.
Note: You may want to additionally purchase a single month pass for September, which is not included in the Fall Semester pass. To purchase a single month pass, visit the MBTA website.
- Submit your payment via credit card or check in person at the Dean of Students Office, or by mailing a check to DOS before you return to campus. Payments cannot be made over the phone.
Make checks payable to: Harvard Law School. Memo: MBTA Semester Pass.
Dean of Students Office
1585 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138
- BE SURE TO SUBMIT both your survey and payment for the Fall 2018 Semester program before the deadline of Friday, September 7, 2018, or your pass will not be ordered. This is a strict deadline set by the MBTA and it cannot be extended.
To learn more about Greater Boston’s public transportation system or purchase passes for a single month, visit the MBTA website.
Questions? Contact the Dean of Students Office at 617-495-1880.