Your browser does not support JavaScript

All academic work required by the instructor, including papers for a course or seminar, papers done in lieu of an exam, and clinical writing must be submitted by the last day of the examination period of the term in which the relevant offering is given or by the deadline required by the instructor, whichever comes first.

Extensions are available for such required coursework or papers only with the approval of the faculty member or the Dean of Students in consultation with the faculty member, and only in accordance with the guidelines set out in the section entitled “Extensions” in Section I(O) (for J.D. students) and Section II(A)(4)(e) (for LL.M. students).

Students who have an approved extension will receive an EXT notation on the transcript until the work is completed and graded. EXT notations must be resolved by no later than the last day of classes of the semester (fall or spring) that follows the originally scheduled completion of the course or written work or earlier deadline as set by the faculty member. If a student fails to complete the work by that date or to receive a further extension, the Registrar’s Office generally will withdraw him or her from the course or written work and enter a WD on the transcript. However, if failure to complete credits for a course or written work will result in a student dropping below the semester or year required credit minimum, the student must complete the work or receive an F grade.