About the Scholarship
ChIPs established the Rachel Krevans Scholarship in 2018 to encourage women to pursue careers in intellectual property law. The award is awarded annually to an academically qualified female law student entering her third or subsequent year who has demonstrated an interest in IP law and a commitment to ChIPs’ mission of advancing and connecting women in technology, law and policy. The award is paid to the student’s school to be used on tuition.
Krevans was a renowned intellectual property litigator at Morrison & Foerster LLP whose career spanned nearly three decades of groundbreaking trials and high-profile patent disputes. She was repeatedly recognized as a top IP litigator and a leader in tech law. She was passionately dedicated to the advancement, promotion and retention of women in tech and IP fields. Krevans served on the ChIPs Law Firm Advisory board at ChIPs and was inducted into the ChIPs Hall of Fame in 2014.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Identify as a woman
- Be enrolled at a U.S. law school
- Be entering her third or subsequent year
- Be academically qualified
- Demonstrate commitment to advancing and connecting women in technology, law and policy.
- Demonstrate an interest in pursuing IP
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must provide the following :
- Completed application questions
- Most recent law school transcript
Application open March 2 – 31
Committee reviews applicants April 20 – May 7
ChIPs notifies applicant May 15