The Beagle/HLS Fellowship will be awarded to graduating Harvard Law School students, judicial clerks or recent alumni (up to three years out of law school). Preference will be given to law clerks and third-year students. Applicants must be available to start work the fall following their application.
The Beagle Fellow’s responsibilities may include:
· Collaborating with a team of other lawyers and paralegals on legal research and factual investigations;
· Writing briefs, motions, and memoranda;
· Presenting oral arguments and participating in status conferences and hearings;
· Preparing for and taking depositions;
· Communicating with opposing counsel, clients, and partner organizations; and
· Engaging in discovery and conducting record and document review.
The Beagle Fellow for 2021-2023 will be placed in NRDC’s San Francisco, Santa Monica, New York, Chicago, or Washington DC office, and will try to honor the Fellow’s preference as to placement. As of fall 2020, NRDC’s physical offices are temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic; if circumstances have not yet allowed office re-opening by fall 2021, NRDC will support the Fellow in working remotely.
for more information please visit: https://eelp.law.harvard.edu/about-the-eelp/student-work/