The Harvard Law School Red Book, otherwise known as the Class Report, is a collection of your classmates’ contact information and their stories – about life, career, family, hobbies, and more – as well as remembrances of departed classmates. This enduring and beloved tradition serves as historical chronicles of the classes and encourages alumni to maintain connections with each other and the Law School. Thank you for your participation in this important tradition.
Alumni will receive their complimentary Red Book with their Reunion materials upon arriving at registration during Reunion Weekend. If you are unable to attend Spring Reunion but would like to purchase a Red Book, please complete this order form. A password-protected PDF version of the Red Book will also be available on the post-Reunion website.
Please read as our Red Book process and policies have changed since your last Reunion.
- The inclusion of contact information listed in the Red Books is now “opt-in” only. No contact information will be published unless you intentionally supply it by participating in the book. If you do not supply your contact information, only your name and class year will be included within the Red Book (John Doe JD ’93).
- You have the option to submit a Remembrance note on behalf of a classmate. Please view the list of departed classmates on the Remembrances form. The link for this form is also available once you have completed your Red Book profile found on the confirmation page.
- The deadline to review and complete your profile is Friday, March 17.
- If you come across an error message, please make sure you are using the preferred web browser, Google Chrome.
Update Your Profile
Step 1: Claim Your HarvardKey
To confirm your profile online, you will first need to claim your HarvardKey. HarvardKey is the University’s new single, convenient log-in for access to online resources, providing simpler, more secure access to the University’s applications and services. To claim your HarvardKey, you will need your unique 10-digit HAA ID number. You can find this number in the emails you receive regarding Reunion.
If you have not set up your HarvardKey:
Visit https://key.harvard.edu and click on the ‘Claim Your HarvardKey’ link. Click the Alumni tab and follow the instructions, then proceed with the directions below.
Step 2: Update Your Profile
Visit the Class Report page for your HLS class (listed below). Log in using your new HarvardKey Login Name and password and then confirm/update your profile, going through each screen until you receive the “Thank you for updating your information!” message.
Class Report Pages
Step 3: Confirmation
After confirming your Class Report profile, you will receive a confirmation email. Please review the content in the email to ensure that it was submitted properly.
Class Report FAQ
Find more information and details about Class Reports by reading these frequently asked questions
Red Book Writing Suggestions
Narratives are the heart and soul of the Red Books.
We strongly encourage you to add a narrative to your profile. Many alumni write about their careers, family life, hobbies, travels, and messages to classmates.
Having writer’s block? Here are some writing prompts to consider:
- Write about a memorable time at HLS.
- Tell us about your professional and personal path since you left HLS.
- Share any exciting news about your career and your personal life.
- Describe the most exciting place you have traveled to.
Remembrances of your departed classmates are meaningful and are appreciated by your peers. Additionally, when relatives of the departed contact our office for information about their loved ones, it is nice to be able to share these messages with them.
Please view the list of departed classmates on the Remembrances form. The link for this form is also available once you have completed your Red Book (Class Report) profile. If you know of an additional deceased classmate, please notify us at email@example.com and, if possible, provide an obituary.
Please contact the HLS HarvardKey support line at 617-495-5631 or HLS Alumni Records at firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Book Questions?
Please contact Harvard Law School Alumni Relations at 617-384-9523 or email@example.com