In May, we will kick off the Harvard Law School Bicentennial, a yearlong celebration with programs and events focusing on our history, our future, and the vital importance of law and the legal profession in addressing the complex challenges facing our world.
- May: Recognition of the Bicentennial Class of 2017 at Commencement
- June 14: HLS Staff Bicentennial Bash – an afternoon party for all staff! Stay tuned for details.
- September 15-16: “HLS in the Arts” – A community-wide arts festival showcasing the dazzling array of HLS talents in music, literature, film, dance, and the visual arts.
- October 26-27: “HLS in the World” – A bicentennial summit of academic sessions and programs devoted to legal issues of pressing importance.
- April 2018: “HLS in the Community” – Highlighting the Law School’s local and global community contributions.
You can also dive into the past 200 years of HLS when you visit the bicentennial website at 200.hls.harvard.edu. The official site for all things bicentennial, HLS200 will be updated regularly with new events, exciting details, and interactive content, including:
- Stories and profiles spanning the past 200 years
- Photo and video collages of HLS Moments
- Timelines of the past 200 years of HLS
- A trivia challenge to test your knowledge of HLS history
Additional features – many of them interactive – will be added in coming weeks.
To help illustrate the school’s rich history, we invite you to share your favorite memories, from personal anecdotes to the impact HLS has had on your life and career. It wouldn’t be a proper celebration without your voices.
You can record a 90-second video in person at our computer video kiosk:
- When: Now through June 14! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will schedule a time for you to record your story.
- Where: Pound 429
Your artistic talents
“HLS in the Arts” is an opportunity to showcase your artistic talents! All current students, staff, and faculty are invited to submit their artwork, films, or performances to our Bicentennial Curation Committee by June 1. Those selected will be showcased on September 15-16, 2017 during the festival.
If you have any questions about the bicentennial or want to contribute content to the HLS200 website, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.