In May, we officially kicked off the Harvard Law School Bicentennial, a yearlong celebration with programs and events focusing on our history, our future, and the vital importance of law and the legal profession in addressing the complex challenges facing our world.
- May: Recognition of the Bicentennial Class of 2017 at Commencement
- June 14: HLS Staff Bicentennial Bash – an afternoon party for all staff! View photos from the event.
- September 15-16: “HLS in the Arts” – A community-wide arts festival showcasing the dazzling array of HLS talents in music, literature, film, dance, and the visual arts.
- October 26-27: “HLS in the World” – A bicentennial summit of academic sessions and programs devoted to legal issues of pressing importance.
- April 2018: “HLS in the Community” – Highlighting the Law School’s local and global community contributions.
You can also dive into the past 200 years of HLS when you visit the bicentennial website at 200.hls.harvard.edu. The official site for all things bicentennial, HLS200 will be updated regularly with new events, exciting details, and interactive content, including:
- Stories and profiles spanning the past 200 years
- Photo and video collages of HLS Moments
- Timelines of the past 200 years of HLS
- A trivia challenge to test your knowledge of HLS history
Additional features – many of them interactive – will be added in coming weeks.
HLS in the Arts: Registration Is Open!
Please join us September 15-16, for HLS in the Arts, two jam-packed days of programs, performances, and exhibits featuring the contributions and talents of Harvard Law School students, staff, and alumni in the visual arts, music, literature, film, and television. We are proud to have legendary producer and Grammy Award winner Clive Davis ’56 as our Honorary Chair. Mark your calendar for this very special event!