Harvard Law School in the Arts
The HLS Bicentennial celebration will extend over the 2017-2018 academic year and will kick off in September with a festival that celebrates HLS in the Arts from a variety of perspectives. The festival will take place on September 15-16, 2017 across the HLS campus. This event will showcase the extraordinary achievements of HLS alumni in the arts, including visual arts, music, literature, theater, television, dance, and film, as well as the multitude of artistic talents of current HLS students, staff, and faculty. Many of those alumni, who have won Pulitzer Prizes, Academy Awards, Tony Awards, and Emmys, as writers, lyricists, directors, producers, and actors, will come to campus to join in the celebration. The festival will also highlight the role that HLS has played as an institution in film, literature, and theater, and will showcase the greatest hits from the Law School Parody over the past fifty plus years.
How can you be involved?
Are you a painter? Sculptor? Photographer? Do you perform when you are not working or in class? Are you a musician, singer, stand-up comic, juggler, or dancer? Have you ever made a film? Are you part of a band or string quartet? The HLS Bicentennial team is collecting student, staff, and faculty submissions for possible inclusion in the festival. There are three opportunities to submit!
- HLS Art Exhibit – There will be a visual art exhibit open throughout the festival.
- Please submit a high resolution photo of your work or samples of your pieces
- HLS Film Festival – Student and staff films will be screened on Saturday, September 16th.
- Please submit your film in full
- Center Stage – We will showcase the incredible talents of our HLS alumni, students, faculty, and staff in the performing arts on Center Stage which will be open Friday night and all day Saturday.
- Please submit a video example of your performing arts talent
Who can participate?
All current HLS students, staff, and faculty are invited to submit. If non HLS community members are part of your band or vocal group they are welcome to join in.