Carol S. Steiker
Henry J. Friendly Professor of Law
Special Advisor for Public Service
- Steiker, Carol S. "Tempering or Tampering? Mercy and the Administration of Criminal Justice" in Forgiveness, Mercy and Clemency (Austin Sarat & Nasser Hussain eds., Stanford University Press, 2007).
- Sanford, Kadish, Stephen Schulhofer & Carol S. Steiker. Criminal Law and Its Processes: Cases and Materials (Aspen 8th ed. 2007).
- Criminal Procedure Stories ( Carol S. Steiker ed., Foundation Press Law Stories Series 2006).
Full text: AMAZON (Purchase)
- Steiker, Carol S. & Jordan Steiker. "A Tale of Two Nations: Implementation of the Death Penalty in "Executing" Versus "Symbolic" States in the United States," 84 Texas Law Review 1869 (2006).
- Steiker, Carol S. & Jordan Steiker. "Seduction of Innocence: The Attraction and Limitations of the Focus on Innocence in Capital Punishment Law and Advocacy," 95 Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology 587 (2005).
- Steiker, Carol S. "Capital Punishment and American Exceptionalism" in American Exceptionalism and Human Rights (Michael Ignatieff ed., Princeton University Press, 2005).
- Steiker, Carol S. "No, Capital Punishment is Not Morally Required: Deterrence, Deontology, and the Death Penalty," 58 Stanford Law Review 751 (2005).