Henry E. Smith
Fessenden Professor of Law
Director, Project on the Foundations of Private Law
- Smith, Henry E. & Thomas W. Merrill. Property: Principles and Policies (Foundation Press 2nd ed. 2012).
- Smith, Henry E. & Thomas W. Merrill. The Oxford Introductions to U.S. Law: Property (Oxford University Press 2010).
- Smith, Henry E. "Community and Custom in Property," 10 Theoretical Inquiries in Law 5 (2009).
Full text: WWW
- Smith, Henry E. "Intellectual Property as Property: Delineating Entitlements in Information," 116 Yale Law Journal 1742 (2007).
- Smith, Henry E. "The Language of Property: Form, Context, and Audience," 55 Stanford Law Review 1105 (2003).
- Smith, Henry E. "Exclusion versus Governance: Two Strategies for Delineating Property Rights," 31 Journal of Legal Studies S453 (2002).
- Smith, Henry E. & Thomas W. Merrill. "Optimal Standardization in the Law of Property: The Numerus Clausus Principle," 110 Yale Law Journal 1 (2000).
- Smith, Henry E. "Semicommon Property Rights and Scattering in the Open Fields," 29 Journal of Legal Studies 131 (2000).