Richard J. Lazarus
Howard and Katherine Aibel Professor of Law
- Lazarus, Richard J. "The National Environmental Policy Act in the U.S. Supreme Court: A Reappraisal and A Peek Behind the Curtains," 100 Georgetown Law Journal (forthcoming 2012).
- Lazarus, Richard J. "Deep Water-The Gulf Oil Disaster and the Future of Offshore Drilling-Report to the President of the United States" (2011).
(Executive Director of Commission and Principal Report Author)
- Lazarus, Richard J. "Super Wicked Problems and Climate Change: Restraining the Present to Liberate the Future," 40 Environmental Law Reporter (Third Annual Environmental Law and Policy Annual Review) 10749 (2010).
(reduced version of 2009 Cornell Law Review article based committee selection of law review articles published that year that represent the "best legal and policy solutions to pressing environmental problems"); A Reply, 40 Environmental Law Reporter 10766 (2010) (a short reply on three published commentaries on my article))
- Lazarus, Richard J. "Docket Capture at the High Court," 199 Yale Law L.J. Online 89 (2009).
- Lazarus, Richard J. "Advocacy Matters Before and Within the U.S. Supreme Court: Transforming the Court by Transforming the Bar," 96 Georgetown Law Journal 1487 (2008).
- Lazarus, Richard J. "Environmental Law After Katrina: Reforming Environmental Law by Reforming Environmental Lawmaking," 81 Tulane Law Review 1019 (2007).
- Lazarus, Richard J. "The Measure of a Justice: Justice Scalia and the Faltering of the Property Rights Movement within the U.S. Supreme Court," 57 Hastings Law Journal 759 (2006).
- Lazarus, Richard J. "Congressional Descent: The Demise of Deliberative Democracy in Environmental Law," 94 Georgetown Law Journal 619 (2006).
- Lazarus, Richard J. "Human Nature, the Laws of Nature, and the Nature of Environmental Law," 24 Virginia Environmental Law Journal 231 (2005).
- Lazarus, Richard J. "Restoring What's Environmental About Environmental Law in the Supreme Court," 47 UCLA Law Review 703 (2000).
- Lazarus, Richard J. The Making of Environmental Law (University of Chicago Press 1996).