John F. Cogan, Jr. Professor of Law and Economics
Research Director, Center on the Legal Profession
- Coates, John C. "Cost-Benefit Analysis of Financial Regulation: Case Studies and Implications," Yale L. J., (forthcoming 2014).
- Coates, John C. "Managing Disputes Through Contract: Evidence from M&A," 2 Harvard Business Law Review 301 (2012).
Full text: WWW
- Coates, John C. "Corporate Politics, Governance, and Value Before and After Citizens United," 9 Journal of Empirical Legal Studies 696 (2012).
- Coates, John C., Michele deStefano, David B. Wilkins & Ashish Nanda. "Hiring Teams, Firms and Lawyer: Evidence of the Evolving Relationships in the Corporate Legal Market," 36 Law and Social Inquiry 999 (2011).
- Coates, John C., Michele Stefano Beardslee, Ashish Nanda, Erik Ramanathan, Corporate Purchasing Project: How S&P Companies Evaluate Outside Counsel (Harvard Law School Program on the Legal Profession, 2011).
- Coates, John C. "M&A Break Fees: U.S. Litigation versus U.K. Regulation" in Regulation versus Litigation: Perspectives from Economics and Law (Daniel Kessler ed., Chicago University Press, 2011).