- This event has passed.
The annual Career Connections Across Harvard is a networking event for Harvard staff. It is an opportunity for staff to meet with representatives from different schools and units around the University to explore other areas of work at Harvard and expand professional networks. All staff are invited to attend, no registration is required.
View the 2017 Event Poster.
- 12:00 – 12:30: Keynote Address
Welcoming remarks from Marilyn Hausammann, Vice President for Human ResourcesKeynote Address from Jackie O’Neill, Harvard University Marshal
For more information about the Marshal’s Office, please visit their webpage.
- 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Networking Open House
The Networking Open House is an opportunity for staff to meet with representatives from different schools and units around the University. This event provides opportunities to learn more about the variety of work here and expand your personal network.
Career Connections Programming
You can choose to attend the following programs. Registration is not required; seating is first-come, first-served.
- Panel Discussion: Getting the Conversation Started: Career Conversations Between Staff and Managers. 12:45-1:30 p.m.
Staff and managers alike say that the most difficult part about having a career development discussion is figuring out how to get the conversation started. This panel of staff and managers will share their experiences and insights on how to best prepare for and participate in a meaningful dialog about career development.
- Information Session: What Internal Candidates Want to Know. 1-1:30 p.m., 1:45-2:15 p.m. and 2:30-3 p.m.
Harvard recruiters will address the most frequently asked questions they hear from internal candidates. They will also answer your top question(s). You’ll leave with information about how you can prepare to be a successful internal candidate.
Preparing for the Event
Like any networking opportunity, you should take some time to prepare in order to get the most out of meeting people! We have a number of resources to help you:
- Preparing For Career Connections across Harvard – Ideas for before and after networking
- How to Prepare as an Internal Candidate – Online Course in the Harvard Training Portal
- “Tell Me about Yourself” Statement Template
- Managing Your Career Webpage: Internal Staff Networking Meetings
- Networking: Presenting Yourself in the Best Possible Way – Recorded webinar