For students and faculty projects, the MacLab has four Mac desktop machines and a printer. The Macs are loaded with Adobe Creative Suite and FinalCut Pro. The MacLab is located next to the Reference Desk on the fourth floor of Langdell Library.
Here is a full list of the available software and hardware:
- Four quad-core Mac Pro towers with 10GB RAM, running OSX 10.8.
- Two of the stations are also equipped with a VCR, and SONY HDV Recorder.
- Microsoft Office Suite 2011 (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Creative Cloud): including Photoshop Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, Flash, Bridge, Audition and Encore.
- Final Cut Pro 7.
- Audacity (audio editing)
- Adobe Acrobat
- Apple iLife suite (iPhoto, iDVD, iMovie, iBooks author)
- Video file editing/ripping: Handbrake, Flv Crunch, MPEG Streamclip, VLC Player.
- Browers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari.
Important points to note when using the MacLab:
- It is HIGHLY recommended that you reboot before you start your work, and that you should save all of your work to a personal external hard-drive.
- The “MAC-HD” drive is in a frozen state, meaning upon reboot it will revert any changes and delete any new files/programs installed on it.
- The “SCRATCH” drive is a temporary work area. It can be accessed by ANY user. This means if you leave work on this drive someone can change its contents or delete it entirely.
To reserve the MacLab for an academic project, please use this form.