Through the use of articles, podcasts, videos, and learning modules, Helpful Life Skills provides you with the resources, insight and materials you need to make informed financial decisions and set goals for your financial future.
Financial fitness is as important and central to reducing stress in your life as physical fitness. Additionally, more and more employers expect Harvard Law School students to have better financial skills, including personal financial management. Whether you receive financial aid or not, we encourage you to check out this page – we think you’ll like what you see!
Helpful Life Skills Topic of the Month: Financial Planning
Hopefully by this point you have thought about a financial plan. Many of you are also getting exciting news about future jobs. Have you thought about your five-year financial goals? What should you do with the money you earn? How should you manage debt? When should you begin investing in real estate or the stock market? Come learn to manage your personal finances to achieve your financial goals. It’s never too early to start planning ahead for your financial wants and needs!
The Office of Career Services and Student Financial Services will co-sponsor a presentation by certified financial planners from The Colony Group on Thursday, February 1st from 12pm-1pm. We hope to see you there!
- PowerPoint Slides: Favorable Reliance (presentation by The Colony Group)
- Presentation: Favorable Reliance Video (held February 23rd The Colony Group)
- Interactive Tool: Take-Home Pay Calculator (Paycheck City)
- Podcast: Financial Goals, Objectives, & Priorities (MoneySmarts)
- Article: How to Measure Risk and Protect Your Investment Interests (iGrad)
- Video: The Economy and Your Investment Decisions (iGrad)
Managing Your Money
Investing in Your Future
“ The best thing about these workshops was that they were simple, easy to understand and customized...I left empowered with new knowledge. Thank you!”
— Helpful Life Skills Workshop Attendee