Upon Admission and Rolling Throughout the Spring & Summer (Process opens in late-February)
- New Admits: Complete Your Preliminary Financial Aid Application (Step 1)
- New Admits: Review/Understand Your Provisional Financial Aid Award Offer (Step 2)
Late-March until Late April
- Continuing Students: Complete Your Preliminary Financial Aid Application (Step 1)
- New Admits: Submit Admissions Decision to the HLS Admissions Office
Early June (and through the Summer for late Admits and New Transfers)
- New Admits: Use Harvard University ID to create your University PIN in order to be ready to access the university’s billing system
Beginning Early June
- New Admits: Understand Your Loan Options and take any necessary action to select/apply for loans (Step 3)
Beginning Early July
- Continuing Students: Review/Understand Your Provisional Financial Aid Award Offer (Step 2)
- Continuing Students: Understand Your Loan Options and take any necessary action (Step 3)
- All Students: Receive email notification of billed fall semester charges and ensure that you are financially cleared. If not, make an e-payment or continue applying for additional supplemental loans (Step 4).
- All Students: Deadline to be financially cleared for fall semester classes – if necessary, make an e-payment or continue applying for additional supplemental loans (Step 4).
- All Students: Register for fall classes (if financially cleared)
- All Students: Receive cash advance direct deposits (or checks via mail) after registration if anticipated financial aid credits exceed fall charges (Step 4)
- All Students: E-sign Federal Direct Stafford, Perkins and/or Harvard loan master promissory notes if applicable (Step 5)
- All Students: Submit all post-award documents to HLS Student Financial Services (Step 5)
- All Students: Complete your online Entrance Interview (Step 5)
- All Grant recipients: Receive email notification of your finalized HLS financial aid award including final grant eligibility and LIPP borrowing eligibility (Step 5)
- All Loan ONLY recipients: Receive email notification of your finalized HLS financial aid award and final maximum LIPP borrowing eligibility (Step 5)
Special Note for Newly Admitted Transfer Students:
HLS Admissions typically does not begin to admit new transfer students until July of each calendar year. Newly admitted transfers students have a compressed time frame in which to go through all of the same application steps broken out above for newly admitted 1Ls. We understand that this can create a stressful situation for you and it is our goal to work individually with each transfer student to expedite the application process and alleviate stress as much as possible. Please feel free to contact our office for advice and to talk about the process as needed once you receive an offer of Admission.