The Spring Interview Program (SIP) is an opportunity for public and private sector employers to interview first, second and third-year Harvard Law students. Interviews will take place Monday, January 25 to Friday, February 5, 2015, between 9 am and 7 pm on the Harvard Law School campus.
- Employers can register for an interview schedule or resume collection.
- An interview schedule consists of either 20 interviews lasting 20 minutes each or 13 interviews lasting 30 minutes each.
- Please note that employers should contact students directly regarding second-round interviews after the first-round interview date. There is no designated callback period for SIP; callback interviews should be scheduled during spring break (March 13-20) or other free times in accordance with the students’ schedules.
- Once an offer is extended, students are typically granted approximately two weeks to decide upon the offer.
- The registration fee for the first interview schedule is $250, with no fee for additional schedules unless a separate schedule is requested by a different office location.
- Interview rooms are provided at no cost to employers.
- There is no fee for resume collections.
- Government and non-profit employers are exempt from all fees.
For more information about HLS recruitment programs, please visit our OCI Program Comparison webpage.
Important Dates (Tentative)
(on or before)
|SIP interview dates released to employers with complete registrations.|
|January 4||Employer registration period closes.|
|January 5 – 12||Students bid for SIP interviews.|
|January 5 – February 1||Students bid for SIP resume collections.|
|January 12 – 13||Employers review number of bids submitted by students and confirm participation in the program.|
|January 19||Interview schedules and resumes released to employers interviewing January 25 – 29.|
|January 25||Interview schedules and resumes released to employers interviewing February 1 – 4.|
|February 2||Resumes released to employers participating in the SIP Resume Collection.|
|January 25 – February 5||Interviews|
|March 13 – 20||Spring break|
HLS maintains a strict no-prescreening policy, which means employers are not permitted to ask for resumes or transcripts in order to select students for interviews. Interviews are assigned by lottery, which is designed to maximize opportunities for both employers and students. Students can be asked to bring additional application documents (transcript & writing sample) to the interview.
If you have any questions, please contact Steve Donovan, Recruitment Manager, at 617-495-2959 or firstname.lastname@example.org.