Please visit our OCI Program Comparison webpage to determine which Harvard Law School (HLS) recruitment program best suits your organization’s recruiting needs. For more information on how to register, please visit our EIP Registration page.
- Through the Early Interview Program (EIP), law firms, businesses and other private sector employers are welcome to interview rising 2L students for summer 2016 positions and / or 3L students for post-graduate positions beginning in 2016.
- EIP interviews will take place from August 10 to August 14, 2015 between 9 am and 5:20 pm at The Charles Hotel in Cambridge, MA. Information regarding interview dates and the booking of hotel rooms will be sent on or after March 16, 2015. Please note that interview dates are determined in advance of registration.
- Interview duration – employers have the option of choosing 20- or 30-minutes interviews.
- A schedule of 20-minute interviews allows for 20 interview slots.
- A schedule of 30-minute interviews allows for 13 interview slots.
- Fees – There is a fee of $700 per interview schedule. Firms with 40 or fewer attorneys are eligible for a reduced rate of $350 per schedule. The $300 registration fee has been eliminated starting in 2015. Please visit our OCI Program Comparison webpage for more information about EIP fees.
- If your organization is unable to visit Cambridge for on-campus interviews, we encourage you to participate in our Resume Collection Program.
- HLS Grading System – for more information, please visit our HLS Grading Policy webpage.
EIP 2015 – Important Dates
|February 2||Registration opens|
|February 27||Priority registration deadline
Employers completing their registrations by February 28 can begin reserving interview and sleeping rooms at The Charles Hotel on March 16.Employers completing their registrations after February 28 will be notified of their organization’s interview date(s) on a rolling basis up to the final registration deadline on July 2.
|March 16||Interview dates released to employers with complete registrations
First date to submit hotel reservations for interview and sleeping rooms to the Charles Hotel.
|June 29 – July 2||Interview schedule confirmation period|
|July 2||Final registration deadline|
|July 17 – 27||Student bidding / application period|
|July 27 – 29||Bid review period
Learn how many students applied to interview with your organization. This is the last opportunity to adjust interview schedules with OCS & reservations with The Charles Hotel.
|August 3||Interview schedules and resumes released|
|August 10 – 14||EIP Interviews|
|August 17||Resume collection results released|
|August 17 – September 4||Students attend callback interviews|
|September 7||Labor Day|
|September 8||1st day of fall term classes for 2Ls and 3Ls|
As you plan for the upcoming recruiting season, we ask all EIP employers to conduct callback interviews between August 17 and September 4. Please note that classes will begin on September 8 for 2Ls and 3Ls. Consistent with Harvard Law School’s Recruitment Policies, employers may not conduct callback interviews during the week of EIP (August 10 – 14).
We ask that employers inviting candidates to visit their offices explain the organization’s travel expense reimbursement policy prior to the visit. Travel expenses include airfare, rental cars, taxis, and food allowance. It is our experience that clarifying these issues prior to the callback period avoids misunderstandings that may arise when reimbursement policies are not explicit.
All employers participating in EIP will be expected to comply with Harvard Law School’s Recruiting Policies & Guidelines and NALP Timing Guidelines.
Employers are not permitted to pre-screen candidates. A randomized lottery procedure utilizing students’ employer preferences is used to assign interviews. This process is designed to maximize interviewing opportunities for both students and employers. Other than resumes, employers cannot ask for additional documents in advance of interviews. Students will bring transcripts, writing samples and / or references to the interview upon request. Requests for cover letters are not permitted.
NALP Member Employers must complete the Pro Bono section of the NALP Form by June 1.
Please direct questions or requests to Steve Donovan, Recruitment Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-495-2959.