Students and Alumni of Other Law Schools seeking Reciprocity with HLS
The Office of Career Services (“OCS”) allows access to some of its career resources to students and alumni of ABA-accredited law schools that grant reciprocity to students and alumni of HLS, subject to the limitations set forth below. OCS will accept requests for reciprocity only from the career services office of the individual’s law school. Those interested in reciprocity should contact their law schools to initiate the request.
The career services office of a law school requesting reciprocity on behalf of a student or alumnus should contact OCS by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- Name of the law school
- Name of the individual
- Year of graduation
- Phone number, email and mailing address of the individual
OCS will notify the law school by email as to whether the request has been granted. OCS will email a copy to the individual seeking reciprocity. Those granted reciprocity by OCS are required to present a hard copy of the email notification at the front desk of OCS before using the facility.
Terms of Reciprocity at OCS
- Reciprocity is valid for 3 months from the date reciprocity is granted or until July 15, whichever comes first.
- Reciprocity is not available from July 15 to December 15 during which time OCS is conducting its on-campus recruitment programs.
- An individual granted reciprocity may visit OCS during our regular business hours, Monday through Friday 9:00 – 5:00pm. The office is closed for weekly staff meetings every Wednesday from 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Reciprocity allows an individual in-office access to the OCS career library and job listings which may be viewed using a computer in OCS.
- Reciprocity does not extend to counseling services.
- Requests for access to other Harvard libraries should be made directly to those respective libraries.
- Reciprocity does not permit participation in any HLS-sponsored interview or career program.
- Reciprocity is not available to students or alumni of Boston-area law schools or to individuals who have already been granted reciprocity from another Boston-area law school.
- Reciprocity is granted on a case-by-case basis and may be revoked at the discretion of the Assistant Dean of Career Services.
Please do not hesitate to contact OCS by phone at 617-495-3119 or email at email@example.com if you have any questions about the above-stated policy.