Apply for Transfer Admission
The online transfer application for the Juris Doctor (J.D.) class entering in the fall semester of 2017 is now available. The deadline for completing your transfer application is June 15.
You must electronically submit your LSAC’s Credential Assembly Service Electronic Application to LSAC for forwarding to our office. When you transmit your application electronically, you should use the electronic signature and fee payment option. Applications should be submitted to LSAC by June 15.
A completed transfer application includes:
- The transfer application form.
- A personal statement which should address your reasons for applying for transfer admission. A need to be located in the Cambridge area may be relevant and should be discussed in your personal statement if applicable.
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one of which must be from a law professor at your current law school. Although you may use one letter from a previous application in your transfer application, you must still provide a letter of recommendation from a professor at your current law school.
- College Certifications from all schools that have awarded you a degree and from your current law school. This form will become available in mid-April.
- A current copy of your LSAC’s Credential Assembly Service report, which may be ordered from the Law School Admissions Council. Your LSAC’s Credential Assembly Service registration period will extend for five years from your original registration date. A current LSAT score is required and will be included in your CAS report.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work.
- Law school grades for the entire first year. Although we prefer an official transcript, we realize that it may be difficult in some cases to obtain one until late summer. Therefore, we will consider photocopies or screenshots of your grade reports or some other account of your grades. Unofficial grade reports may be emailed directly to our office at email@example.com. Although we may be able to reach a tentative decision to admit on the basis of unofficial grades, we are not able to offer admission to any applicant without first receiving an official transcript.
- A one to two page résumé detailing your academic, extracurricular, and professional activities since high school.
- An application fee of $85.00, payable to Harvard Law School. Fee waivers may be requested prior to June 1. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on requesting a fee waiver.
Deadline for Submission of Materials
The deadline for completing transfer applications is June 15, but we encourage you to complete your application as early as possible.