The DOS Grant Fund
The DOS Grant Fund is a highly competitive fund allocated specifically for HLS officially recognized student organizations and journals planning conferences or symposia in relation to their organization’s missions and goals. The fund is available to student organizations and journals through the process outlined below.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING FOR DOS GRANT FUNDS
- Student Organizations or Journals must submit a DOS Grant Fund Application (view this PDF version as a reference) and a attach a complete budget. All applications should be submitted via Qualtrics. ONLY applications exhibiting collaboration with at least one other student org (or journal) will be considered for funding. Applications without detailed budgets; and plans lacking specifics on quantity, speakers, flight costs, catering, and media service needs will also not be considered.
Determinations will be made two times this academic year:
- Submit by Friday, September 15 by 11:59 pm.
- Submit by Friday, December 1 by 11:59 pm.
- Notification of allocations will be made by The DOS Grant Fund Committee, comprised of members of the Dean of Students Office.
- Students must include recognition of the grant in the following ways:
- DOS Grant Fund must be a prominently displayed as a sponsor, and at the event. Please contact the Dean of Students Office for the DOS Grant Fund banner.
- Students must produce all posters (including on campus video screens), e-mail announcements, websites, and mailings with the DOS Grant Fund logo embossed on them.
- Videotaping DOS Grant Fund conferences/symposia is suggested, not required. We require three clear photographs of the conference/symposia that include participants, panelists, and the DOS Grant Fund banner. Please note: all photographs/recordings should comply with our Office of Communications guidelines and any questions should be directed to the Dean of Students Office.
Please contact the Dean of Students Office for financial information and restrictions, or for more information on applying for the DOS Grant Fund.