Limited on-campus summer storage space is a privilege that may be available for current spring HLS Housing residents who will be returning to the residence halls for the upcoming fall semester.
All items must be tagged with the official Summer Storage labels and must include your name and summer contact information. These labels are available at the Facilities Management Office, Holmes Hall 4. You may store a maximum of three boxes or suitcases. You may also store a minifridge, but it counts as one of your 3 items.
All storage is done at your own risk, so please do not store valuable items such as computers and TVs in the storage areas. Harvard Law School and Harvard University are not responsible for the items that you store.
Items that are not properly labeled will be discarded.
You can access the storage units by picking up a key from the Facilities Management Office, Holmes Hall 4, or by contacting your R.A. (You will be asked to leave your HUID or Driver’s License until you return the key.)
Students who are not returning to the HLS Residence Halls for the upcoming fall semester are not eligible for summer storage and must remove their belongings when they move out. We are unable to store for outgoing (graduating or moving off-campus) or incoming (new or moving from off-campus) residents.
- Items must be placed in boxes (except for refrigerators and suitcases).
- All boxes, refrigerators, and suitcases must be labeled with the upcoming academic year storage sticker, which can only be obtained at the Facilities Management Office, Holmes Hall 4 during business hours.
- The largest box allowed is 19″ x 21″ x 32″.
- Furniture and bicycles are not permitted.
- All items must fit on or under the storage room shelves and the aisle must remain clear to allow access to the storage room.
- You should store your items in the storage facility for the dorm you will be living in for the upcoming academic year.
- Please remember to close and lock the storage room when you leave.
Please note that PODS, SmartBoxes, Door-To-Door and other types of container storage cannot be used by residents of the HLS on-campus housing, as there is no place to put these containers, even for limited times. If you would like to use one of these services, you can request a permit for one of the curbside metered spots operated by the city of Cambridge – http://www.cambridgema.gov/traffic/Permits/movingcontainerorcrate.
Storage Room Locations:
- Hastings Hall: 5th floor, Entryway 1
- North Hall: Basement
- Ames Hall Basement
- Dane Hall Basement
- Shaw Hall Basement