As a GOLD alum — a Graduate of the Last Decade — your connection to Harvard Law School will never be stronger.
- Reconnect to classmates and fellow alumni with HLS Connect
- Access career services (private sector and public interest)
- Mentor current students
- Receive invitations to HLS events
- Make a difference with your Annual Fund gift
Explore the HLS Online Directory and Advising Network. You’ll have the ability to edit directory information, search for other alumni, volunteer to serve as an advisor or network with members of the HLS Community.
- Private Sector Opportunities: Harvard Law School’s Office of Career Services (OCS) offers a wide range of services to alumni interested in private sector opportunities. Consider career possibilities, find information on career transitions and career management, and connect to other. alumni-specific online resources. Explore the HLS Job Bank, or schedule an individual counseling appointment with OCS’ dedicated alumni advisor, who will work with you to develop your job search strategy. Visit Career Services for Alumni for information and links.
- Public Interest Advising: The Bernard Koteen Office of Public Interest Advising (OPIA) offers a wide range of services to alumni making career moves into or within the public interest sector. Firm attorneys seeking to enter public service for the first time as well as public interest attorneys seeking a new position are invited to use these services to launch their searches. OPIA provides access to tools (databases, guides, and other online resources) that will assist you in your job search. You can also schedule an appointment, by phone or in person, with Carolyn Stafford Stein ’85, Assistant Director for Alumni Advising, who provides individual counseling for alumni interested in public sector opportunities.
Public Service Venture Fund
Inspired by Harvard Law School alumni who have used their degrees and experience to pursue innovative methods of social change, the Public Service Venture Fund will award $1 million in grants every year to Harvard Law graduates pursuing careers in public service. The first program of its kind at a law school, the fund offers “seed money” for startup nonprofit ventures to students and alumni and salary support to graduating J.D. students and judicial law clerks for postgraduate work at nonprofit or government agencies in the United States and abroad.
HLS encourages alumni to serve as informal advisors to current students and other alumni through HLS Connect and the Alumni Advising Network (AAN). The AAN allows alumni to describe their professional experience and to pick advising topics such as course selection, judicial clerkships, career development, job search strategies, work/family balance, switching practice areas, and changing geographical locations. HLS alums are a great source of career expertise and advice for each other and for current students. Organizations and departments at HLS (such as OPIA) often use HLS Connect to find speakers for their programs.
Maintain friendships with classmates, meet fellow graduates, and stay connected to the School by participating in local Harvard Law School Association (HLSA) and common interest group events. If we have your current e-mail and postal address information on file, we can send you invitations to activities being held in your area or that may otherwise be of interest. Please update your profile in HLS Connect (above), or send your contact information to the HLS Alumni Records Office at email@example.com. You can also visit the HLSA web site to find your local association, an events calendar, and more.
And don’t forget to plan for your 5th and 10th reunions! This upcoming Reunion weekend is April 20-22, 2018 (Classes of 2008 and 2013).
The HLS Annual Fund
Financial aid, faculty scholarship and research, innovative teaching, and a vibrant campus life all of these are only possible because of your generous support of the Harvard Law School Annual Fund. Your unrestricted gifts have broad and immediate impact, allowing Dean Minow to meet pressing needs and invest in new ideas. Your support is much more than a financial contribution. It is a vote of confidence on the impact the Law School has had and continues to have on your life, and on what it will offer the next generation of leaders emerging from HLS. Please visit the HLS Annual Fund website to learn more, to volunteer, or to make your gift.
Want to learn more?
Please contact Jacqueline Dragani (617-494-7337 or firstname.lastname@example.org) in the HLS Alumni Center for more information or to share ideas.