1. All students must complete a minimum of two classroom credits to satisfy the Professional Responsibility Requirement.
2. The classroom components of certain clinical courses, as identified in the course descriptions, may satisfy this requirement. A list of clinical courses that satisfy this requirement can be found on the Office of the Registrar’s website.
3. Ordinarily, students are not allowed to enroll in two non-clinical professional responsibility courses that satisfy the Requirement, and should consult the Dean for Academic and Faculty Affairs if questions arise. Students who have enrolled in a clinical course that satisfies the Harvard Law School Professional Responsibility Requirement may enroll in one additional Legal Profession course if desired.
4. Beginning with students entering the J.D. program in the Fall 2016, students may not use the same course to satisfy both the professional responsibility requirement and the requirement of experiential learning credits.
5. Beginning with students entering the J.D. program in the Fall 2016, students may not use writing in a professional responsibility course to satisfy the writing requirement.