General Cross-Registration Credit Information:
- The number of HLS credits you will receive for a cross-registered course will be determined by the HLS Registrar’s Office. For guidance on credit conversion click here.
- The maximum number of cross-registration credits per semester for all HLS students is six.
- HLS credits for cross-registration are generally based on lecture hours. For example, a course meeting three lecture hours per week for a full semester will receive three HLS credits (see chart below).
- Studio courses are limited to two credits.
J.D. Credit Information
J.D. Cross-Registration Credit Information:
- See Handbook of Academic Policies for information about credit requirements for the JD degree.
- JD students may count a maximum of 12 credits of cross-registration toward their degree.
- For 2Ls and 3Ls, you are eligible to cross-register if you are enrolled in at least 8 HLS credits (classroom, writing, clinical) in a fall or spring term in which you cross-register and your cross-registered course is worth at least 2 credits to meet the HLS semester minimum of 10 credits.
LL.M. Credit Information
LL.M. Cross-Registration Credit Information:
- LLM students may count a maximum of 6 credits of cross-registration toward their degree.
- LLM students do not receive degree credit for language courses.
Credit Examples by Course Type
- 2L/3L = 2 credits per semester (meeting minimum of 2 lecture hours per week); 3 credits per semester (meeting minimum of 3 lecture hours per week); or 4 credits per semester (intensive courses only that are a full year of work in one semester)
- LLM = no degree credit for languages
- Based on minutes of required class time over the term. 700 minutes is equal to 1 credit, 1400 minutes is equal to 2 credits and at least 2100 minutes is equal to 3 credits.
For more information about cross-registration, contact email@example.com.